Through this training partnership, professionals from government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and private companies will receive free training on a variety of topics including Core Skills, Responding to Mental Health Issues, Navigating Dementia and Traumatic Brain Injury, Understanding Substance Use and Medication Misuse Partnering In Care.
• The two-part, 4 hour Core Skills Certification program provides critical training that will help you be the best service provider possible – deescalating emotionally charged situations, providing clear communications, and better community interactions. In order to achieve Core Skills Certification, participants must complete one session of the Core Skills Part 1 and one session of the Core Skills Part 2 classes in that order.
After completing the Core Skills Part 1 and Core Skills Part 2, participants may choose to complete any of the three supplement sessions offered, in any order desired. Supplement sessions cover the following three topics:
- Responding to Mental Health – This class covers redefining perspectives on mental health, interventions to reduce suicide risk, dealing with anxiety and using a trauma-informed approach.
- Navigating Dementia and Traumatic Brain Injury – This class covers early signs of dementia, differentiating dementia and delirium, and understanding TBI.
- Partnering in Care – This class covers understanding core needs, developing a self-care plan, and how to engage with the public like a partner.
- *NEW* Understanding Substance Use and Misuse– This class provides information about drug effects, addiction, and how drug use impacts the older adult.
In order to successfully participate in this training, the following set-up is required:
- Ability to utilize computer speakers and microphone. (If you are unable to use your computer audio a dial-in audio broadcast can be requested once logged into the training platform.)
- An internet connection that is capable of streaming video.
- A computer, laptop, or tablet with external keyboard. (ex. Chromebook). Touch screen keyboards such as those on a tablet or smartphone may not be recognized within the training platform.
- A mouse or track pad.
- A headset or built in speakers.
Our training platform works best on the Chrome web browser. This browser can be downloaded for free here: Google Chrome – Download the Fast, Secure Browser from Google
We recognize that some work issued computers utilize firewalls or permission sets that block microphone and voice streaming usage. If you are working from home through a VPN this may also present a challenge.
- If possible, plan to join the training on a personal device or a web browser outside of your VPN.
- If you are planning to attend the training on a work issued computer, please plan ask your IT Team or Network administrator to review the following information regarding Ports and Firewalls: Network ports and firewalls – Sinespace
- We recommend using a headset or a computer with a built-in microphone so that you may participate in conversation. If you do not have a microphone, you will be able to type responses in a chat box.
- If you are unable to use your system audio a dial-in audio stream can be provided.
- Our training platform does not work with the Safari browser, which is the default browser on Apple products (ex. iPad, MacBook etc.)
- The training platform is not mobile friendly and does not recognize touchscreen keyboards such as those found on mobile phones and tablets.
- This training cannot be completed on a mobile phone.
- Training cannot be completed over a VPN.